Friday, December 29, 2017

Thursday

Today was filled with skiing. It waspacked on the mountain. By the time we picked up our heat and got to the gondola there was a 20 minute wait. We started by doing a green (easiest) run called Why Not. My first go at it didn't go so well. Within the first 20 minutes I had fallen 3 times and tears were shed. I was worried I wasn't going to get the hang of skiing and it would all be a waste. Luckily, the run evened out a bit and I began to get a little more confidence. We discussed going back down to the base of the mountain and riding the gondola back up,but decided to stay on the mountain by taking a lift back up. We then did some random greens before heading to the right side of the mountain and doing a green over there. That "green" was NOT a green! At one point Dustin, Sarah, and myself were all on the ground. There were moguls on the green-who does that?! At one point I skied right out of the "in bounds" areas to the "out of ski area bounds" I got stuck and had to remove my skis and Thom had to try and pull me out. After some scary greens we stopped at a food court restaurant on the mountain.

After finishing our lunch of pizza we headed back out on the slopes. We decided to make our way back to the side of the mountain that we thought had smoother runs. We even saw some noise in the distance! We did those until about 2:00 when Dustin and Sarah decided they were done skiing. Thom and I decided to go back up and do a couple more runs. We chose to do a run we liked however it was only thinly covered in snow and was not nearly as enjoyable as we had hoped. We were constantly dodging ice and rocks. At about 3:00 I decided to head all the way down to the base to meet up with Dustin and Sarah while Thom went back up to do some more challenging runs. After returning my skis I met up without dustin and Sarah. In just that shot time, Thom had finished his very challenging (double black) 47!/ and decided he was done for the day. After returning skis we decided to take the gondola back up for a drink at the top of the gondola and to enjoy some beautiful views. Unfortunately by the time we got there the bar at the gondola was closed, but we still got some pretty photos. We took the gondola back down and went to the Gondola Pub and Grill for an appetizer and some drinks. Sarah and I enjoyed Moscow Mules while Thom and Dustin enjoyed a locals IPA.  We had jalapeƱo poppers and sweet potato waffle fries.

Once back to the condo we headed to the hot tub for a little relaxation and ordered pizza. Sarah and I had Hawaiian pizza, but it had cashews on it! It was very good. Everyone was exhausted and in bed and asleep by 9:30! It was a great day. Many falls, but we got up every time and no broken bones!







No comments:

Post a Comment